Monday, March 22, 2010

Thrift Store Find

Now, as you know, we usually go shopping at the D.I. and yard sales, but that is not the only place that you can find really cute stuff for cheap.  Oh, no!  You can also find super cool things at thrift stores.  We have a thrift store that is right in town, there is also one up in Brigham and Logan.  Super fun places to go.  They are also super cheap.  Anyway, we went shopping one day just for fun, and my mom saw this wooden duck.  And since it was around Easter, we decided to buy it, take it home, and spray paint it.  It only cost fifty-cents too!  The original price on it was $19.99.  I mean who in their right mind could pass that up?  Nobody.  This time I have a before picture!  So this is what it looked like when we first bought it:


It is not terribly ugly, but when we bought it I was having doubts about whether it would look cute or not when we were done.  After all, there is only so much that spray paint can do for a project.  But we went ahead and spray painted it heirloom white and all of my doubts vanished.  Here it is after we spray painted it:



Now, I know that I am not the best photographer, but I think that you can see that it turned out adorable, the perfect easter decoration that we were looking for! And to think I did not know whether or not the spray paint could save it.  I guess that shows just what spray paint can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment