- You get your can, it doesn't matter what size, but if you want to punch a bigger pattern into it don't use a super small one.
- Before you punch holes into your can fill it with water all the way to the to and freeze it, this makes it so when you punch the pattern into it it does not bang up the can in the process.
- Get a nail and a hammer, and start punching. You can do ghosts, Jack-o-Lanterns, cats or anything that you would like. You should also punch around the top and bottom of the can.
- Get some wire, it can be any kind, just not too flimsy, and wrap it around a pencil to make it curly. you attach the wire to two of the holes around the top of your can so that it makes a handle for hanging.
- Spray paint it, we usually do our orange, but you can do it whatever color.
- Put it on display and stick a candle in it.
This would also be the perfect thing to do for any holiday or occasion. You could make snowflakes for Christmas or anything.